The Union of Cannery Producers in Bulgaria was established on February 19, 1999. On April 17, 2003 by a decision of the General Meeting the Union was renamed to Union of the Processors of Fruit and Vegetables. At present the Union has 50 members - canneries, the University of Food Technologies - Department of Conservation and refrigerating equipment, the Institute of Gardening and Conservation, Plovdiv.
The main goals of the Union members are:
- Raising the prestige of the profession in society, development of profession unity and protection of professional interests;
- Information services and member support in the field of new technologies, scientific achievements and marketing in the canning industry;
- Partnership with the State authorities in preparation of legislation, organization of license, control and other activities connected to the canning industry.
The services offered to our members could be summarized as follows:
- Organization of meetings with raw materials suppliers;
- Organization of training on different topics;
- Improvement of personnel qualification;
- Presentation of the new laws and decrees;
- Presentation of Good Production Practices;
- Matching trade offers from Bulgaria and abroad;
- Organization of participation in fairs and exhibitions in the country and abroad;
- Cooperation for participation in trade delegations, etc.
Our main goal is to fully satisfy the needs of each and every one of our members.